Creative Cullompton is funded by Historic England as part of the High Streets Heritage Action Zone Cultural Programme to create and deliver a three year programme to breathe new life into the High Street and celebrate Cullompton’s heritage by bringing new exciting creative and cultural activities to the heart of Cullompton.
Cullompton is one of 60 High Streets in England to be awarded a cultural grant from Historic England, receiving £90,000 to develop a community-led cultural programme over the next three years.
The Creative Cullompton Programme runs alongside the Mid Devon District Council regeneration programme, the HIGH STREET HERITAGE ACTION ZONE which is also funded by Historic England.
Creative Cullompton Programme
The Creative Cullompton programme will be led by a Consortium of local organisations with the aim of delivering interactive art, history and cultural events within the town.
The programme aims to:
- Encourage new and sustainable cultural activities through music and drama
- Further develop the town’s already very successful festivals
- Explore and celebrate the heritage and history of the High Street
- To give everyone the opportunity to take part in new exciting creative and cultural activities by engaging with local people, community groups, local businesses and organisations, as well as local arts and cultural practitioners
- To breathe new life into our High Street to make it a more attractive and vibrant place to be as well as encouraging awareness and curiosity in the towns heritage
Partners & Stakeholders
he Creative Cullompton Programme will be created and delivered by a Consortium made up of a number of local organisations. The Consortium is lead by the Cullompton Arts House and supported by Mid Devon District Council as part of the wider HIGH STREET HERITAGE ACTION ZONE project. A number of other local community partners and stakeholders will also be involved.